All takedown procedures are followed by Vault.ooo to ensure that the rights of copyright holders are enforced and laws are complied with. Once a properly filled takedown notice is received, Vault.ooo will remove or disable the material that violates copyright or other laws within 24 hours. The legal process is to complete a takedown notice with all required information and send it to
. You will receive confirmation that your takedown notice is justified. If further information is needed to process your request, you will be contacted at the email address provided.
The takedown notice must contain at least the following points, otherwise it cannot be checked. In the event of formal errors, your request will be rejected without further review.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
Here, the questions of what material is involved and who holds the copyrights to the work should be clarified. If the complaining party is different from the rights holder, for example if you are only acting on behalf of the rights holder, please also clarify your role.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Vault.ooo to contact the complaining party, such as an email address, telephone number, and, if available, a fax number.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
In particular, direct download links must be provided. Since Vault.ooo stores all files in encrypted form, it is necessary that the key be present after the hashtag (#) in the download link, otherwise we will not be able to verify the file content. If an additional password is required for the download, this must also be specified for the same reason. If the file itself is still encrypted (encrypted ZIP file or similar) this password must also be specified.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner.
- An electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Takedown requests that do not fall under the category of copyright infringement
Please contact the appropriate law enforcement agency if you notice illegal files hosted on Vault.ooo. We have not been trained or qualified to investigate and fight crimes and enforce the law, so it's not appropriate to send accusations of illegal activity to us. You must contact the appropriate law enforcement office. They may then contact us if appropriate. If you are an law enforcement official and you need our assistance, please contact
. If you are a law enforcement official from another country, we may voluntarily cooperate if the crime you are investigating would also be illegal in Germany.
Prevention of copyright infringements
Since Vault.ooo does not know the content of the uploaded files due to the encryption that takes place on the uploader's device, future copyright infringement cannot be prevented. If your copyrighted work is shared again using Vault.ooo, you will need to send us a takedown request again.